Frequently asked questions
Fitness Trackers and Apps
1. How do I connect my fitness tracker to Glucolife™?
To connect to your fitness tracker, tap on the profile button -> Connected Apps.
Select your fitness tracker from the available list and tap on Connect.
2. Can I use Glucolife™ without a fitness tracker?
Yes, you can! You do not need a fitness tracker to use Glucolife™.
3. Which fitness trackers can connect with Glucolife™?
The Glucolife™ app currently connects to Fitbit and Garmin fitness trackers. For other brands of fitness trackers, please connect its app with Google Fit on Android phones or Apple Health on iPhones.
To connect Glucolife™ with the Fitbit or Garmin app, simply tap on the profile button -> Connected Apps. Then select your fitness tracker and tap on Connect.
4. I can’t find my fitness tracker on the list of Connected Apps. What can I do?
If you are using a fitness tracker other than Fitbit or Garmin, you may connect its app to Google Fit for Android phones or to Apple Health for iPhones.
5. What does the Glucolife logo mean?
The logo means that you are enrolled in the control arm of the Glucolife™ study. Please continue with your usual daily activities during the time that you are participating in the study.
Nutrition and Fibre
6. Why do I need to log my food intake every week?
Logging your food intake weekly helps us understand what you eat during the time that you are participating in the study. It is important that you continue to eat the foods you usually eat. You enter the number of servings you have had from each food group in the past 24 hours, from midnight to midnight of the previous day.
7. Why do I need to enter my weight every week?
This is a record of your weight during the time that you are participating in the study.
8. Why do I need to check my state of Mind every two weeks?
It reflects your wellbeing as you carry on with your usual activities during the time that you are participating in the study.
9. Why do I need to enter my daily sleep time?
As everyone goes to sleep at different times, please enter daily the time that you go to sleep and wake up.
10. What do I need to do during the next six months when I am participating in the study?
For the next six months, please continue to do your usual daily activities and eat the foods you usually eat.
11. Do I need to carry my mobile phone?
Please carry your mobile phone at all times as it is a requirement for everyone participating in the study.
12. How often do I need to log into the Glucolife™ Application?
Please log into the application at least once a week during the time that you are participating in the study.
Privacy, Security & Connectivity
13. Does Glucolife™ work without Wi-Fi or Data Connectivity?
Your phone must be connected to the internet to use Glucolife™.
14. Is my personal data safe and protected by Glucolife™?
Yes. Glucolife™ adheres to the Personal Data Protection Act 2012 (Singapore) and you can rest assured that your personal data is well protected on Glucolife™’s platform.
Didn’t find your answer in the FAQ? No worries! You can write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org and our support team will get back to you within 24 hours.